ABTA ANNUAL CONFERENCE | SHOW ME, DON’T TELL ME | Centurion, RSA | 15 September 2023
R1,650.00 – R3,250.00 excl VAT
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Annual ABTA Conference
SHOW ME, DON’T TELL ME
ABTA’s 2023 Corporate Travel Conference will be a one day event hosted at the newly renovated THE CENTURION HOTEL,
followed by an evening Cocktail Function for all Conference Delegates.
THE AIM OF THIS CONFERENCE IS SIMPLE.
Buyers can look forward to peer-led sessions that give practical advice to elevate and improve company travel programmes. Theory is great, but practice is better!
Suppliers can look forward to plenty of interaction with their buying clients and the opportunity to engage and share knowledge with their travel partners and potential customers.
Date: Friday 15 September 2023
Conference: 08.30 – 17.30 | Cocktail Function: 17.30 – 19.30
Venue: The Centurion Hotel, Gauteng, South Africa
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
Keynote Address by GARETH CLIFF
“REASONS TO BE OPTIMISTIC”
Networking Cocktail Function
A Pair of SMILE Socks for each Delegate
CURRENT SESSIONS INCLUDE
- What value does travel add to your organisation? Practical tools for calculating travel ROI
- The impact of AI on the corporate travel industry, and getting to know these tools for yourself
- Practical implementation – Using Automation to revamp and streamline a travel programme
- Industry Chiefs Panel
- “Show me, Don’t tell me” product and concept demo’s
- Speed Networking! Always a Conference favourite!
- Headlines that shook us and shaped us
- Keynote address – GARETH CLIFF – Sponsored by TTS
- Evening Networking Cocktail Function – Sponsored by Mastercard
- Delegate prize draw
CURRENT SPONSORS, PARTNERS & EXHIBITORS INCLUDE
WHAT DOES IT COST?
|ABTA Buyer Members:||R 1 650.00 Ex VAT ($90)|
|ABTA TMC/Supplier Members:||R 2 475.00 Ex VAT ($135)|
|Non-Member Buyers||R 2 750.00 Ex VAT ($150)|
|Non-Member TMC/Supplier:||R 3 250.00 Ex VAT ($175)|
|Sponsor Guests:||Contact email@example.com for promo code|
HOW TO BOOK YOUR SEAT
- At the top of this page, select your Registration Category in the yellow block. This will update the price above the ‘Next step’ block.
- Type the number of seats you want in this category next to ‘Next Step’.
- Click ‘Next step’ which will take you to your basket. If you want to book additional seats, repeat the process and each item will be added to your basket.
- Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ on the right. If you have a Promo code, enter the code and then click ‘Apply promo code’ first.
- Complete the Billing/Checkout details and Attendee details. If booking multiple seats, each Attendee’s details must be completed.
- Select your preferred payment option. For credit cards, you will be re-directed to the Payfast gateway. For Bank Transer / EFT, you will have the option to print an automatically generated invoice from the site.
- Click ‘Place order’ on the right
- An email confirming your booking and providing an invoice will be emailed to you (please check spam)
Should you have any trouble during this process, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
|07.30 – 08.45||Delegate arrivals Registration & Networking
|08.45 – 09.00||Conference Opening & Welcome
Monique Swart, Founder – ABTA
Warren Tanner-Ellis, Conference MC
|09.00 – 09.45||What value does travel add to your organisation? Practical tools for calculating travel ROI
Lezelle Grundlingh, Senior Sourcing Specialist: Travel – FirstRand Limited
Madren Pitsi, Travel Analyst: Africa & Middle East – Cummins
Nicolette Pretorius, Global Travel & Expense Co-Ordinator – Anglo American
Moderator: Claude Vankeirsbilck, Chief Operating Officer – Tourvest Travel Services
|09.45 – 10.15||The impact of AI on the Corporate Travel Industry, and getting to know these tools for yourself
Glen Ansell, Chief Commercial Officer – Tangent Solutions
|10.15 – 11.00||Speed Networking
|11.00 – 11.30||Tea Break
|11.30 – 12.15||Practical implementation – Using Automation to revamp and streamline a travel programme
Jacqui Abrahams, EMEA Travel Operations Lead – Accenture
Joey Kganyago, Travel Manager: Corporate Travel – IDC
Moderator: Bonnie Smith, General Manager: Corporate Brands – FCTG
|12.15 – 13.00||Getting to grips with Cross Border payments
Kreesen Naidoo, Senior Legal Counsel for Regulatory Affairs – Mastercard
Pascalle Albrecht, National Head: Commercial Card Issuing & Card Acquiring Sales Strategy – Nedbank
Moderator: Nadine Clarke, Regional Director: Africa – ABTA
|13.00 – 13.45||Lunch & Networking
|13.45 – 15.00||‘Show me, don’t tell me’Table product & concept demo’s
Table Top Exhibitors Include:
American Express Corporate Payment Solutions
South African Airways
Tourvest Travel Services
Uber for Business
|15.00 – 15.45||Industry Chief’s Panel
Andy Hedley, Managing Director – Amadeus Southern Africa
Hamisi Hassan, Vice-Chairman – Kenya Association of Travel Agents (KATA) & CEO – FCM Travel Kenya
Lidia de Olim Folli, Chief Executive Officer – BidTravel
Morne du Preez, Chief Executive Officer – Tourvest Travel Services
Raman Arora, Senior Director | Head of Platforms Enablement: CEMEA – Visa
Tebogo Tsimane, Chief Commercial Officer – SAA
Wayne Duvenage, Chief Executive Officer – OUTA
Moderator: Monique Swart, Founder – ABTA
|15.45 – 16.15||Refreshments and Networking
|16.15 – 17.00||Keynote Address: REASONS TO BE OPTIMISTIC
Gareth Cliff – CliffCentral.com
|17.00 – 17.15||Conference Closes
|17.30 – 19.30||Cocktail Function
Networking and Business Card Prize Draw
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation is available for Conference Guests at The Centurion Hotel, 1001 Lenchen Avenue North, Centurion, 0046
Book directly online or via the hotel direct:
Tel: +27 (0) 12 643 3600
The closest Gautrain Station is 500m from the Hotel.
A Gautrain Bus is available for transfers from the station.
To view the Bus Schedule, please download Centurion Rooihuiskraal Schedule HERE
Date: 15 Sep 2023
Start time: 08:30 SAST
End time: 19:30 SAST
Venue: The Centurion Hotel
Directions: The Centurion Hotel, Gauteng, South Africa