ABTA ANNUAL CONFERENCE | BE BOLD, BE BRAVE, BE BETTER | Johannesburg, RSA | 16 September 2022
ABOUT THIS EVENT
BE BOLD, BE BRAVE, BE BETTER
Annual ABTA Conference 2022
After 2 long years being unable to host an annual Conference, ABTA is delighted to again be welcoming delegates to Conference 2022!
As we ease back into Conferencing ‘as we knew it’, ABTA’s 2022 Conference will be a one day event, with an
evening Cocktail Function for Travel Buyers after the Conference.
Date: Friday 16 September 2022
Conference: 08.30 – 17.30
Cocktail Function: 17.30 – 19.30
Venue: Emperor’s Palace Peermont Hotel
Johannesburg, South Africa
CURRENT CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
The Good Things Guy
Sponsored by TOURVEST TRAVEL SERVICES
*Buyers Cocktail Function
At the Emperor’s Palace OLYMPUS SKY BAR
AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDED & FREE to Buyers | R450 for TMC’s/Suppliers – 2 Max / Company
Join us over drinks while watching airplanes land and take off on the runway at ORT
– Supplier and TMC Conference delegates are welcome to join us! (Cocktail function only open to Conference delegates)
– Remember to book your seat under the Cocktail Registration category at the drop down box (top of this page)
– Limited Cocktail venue space: 2 delegates per TMC/Supplier company only
Sponsored by: EMPEROR’S PALACE PEERMONT HOTEL
CURRENT SESSIONS INCLUDE
- Confusing costs that boggle the brain – time to accept or fight back?
- A possible bold industry shift – TMC subscription models
- An interesting spin on better sustainability initiatives
- Managing the mayhem of Contractor travel
- A lot has changed – Including how to measure travel programme success: Find out how to measure better
- Nurturing a bolder, braver and happier work-force – Yes, that’s YOU too!
CONFERENCE SPONSORS & PARTNERS INCLUDE
WHAT DOES IT COST?
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES:
|ABTA Buyer Members:||R 1 500.00 Ex VAT ($90)|
|Non-Member Buyers:||R 2 500.00 Ex VAT ($150)|
|ABTA TMC/Supplier Members:||R 2 250.00 Ex VAT ($135)|
|Non Member TMC/Supplier:||R 2 950.00 Ex VAT ($175)|
|Sponsor Guests:||Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for promo code|
COCKTAIL FUNCTION FEES:
*Free to all Buyers – Bookings not required
*All ‘non buyers’ to book seats separately on the registration page
* Maximum 2 per TMC / Supplier company
|All Travel Buyers:||Free of Charge|
|R 450.00 p/p Ex VAT ($30)|
HOW TO BOOK YOUR SEAT
- At the top of this page, select your Registration Category in the yellow block. This will update the price above the ‘Next step’ block.
- Type the number of seats you want in this category next to ‘Next Step’.
- Click ‘Next step’ which will take you to your basket. If you want to book additional seats, repeat the process and each item will be added to your basket.
- Click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ on the right. If you have a Promo code, enter the code and then click ‘Apply promo code’ first.
- Complete the Billing/Checkout details and Attendee details. If booking multiple seats, each Attendee’s details must be completed.
- Select your preferred payment option. For credit cards, you will be re-directed to the Payfast gateway. For Bank Transer / EFT, you will have the option to print an automatically generated invoice from the site.
- Click ‘Place order’ on the right
- An email confirming your booking and providing an invoice will be emailed to you (please check spam)
Should you have any trouble during this process, feel free to email email@example.com
|07.30 – 08.45||Delegate arrivals Registration & Networking
|08.45 – 09.00||Conference Opening & Welcome
Monique Swart, Founder – ABTA
Warren Tanner-Ellis – Conference MC
|09.00 – 09.30||Nurturing a bolder, braver and happier work-force – Yes, that’s YOU too!
Bonnie Smith, General Manager Corporate Brands – FCTG
|09.30 – 10.15||Updated Criteria for measuring Travel Programme success
Carole Graaf, Travel Manager Middle East & Africa | GFFI FCBS FBS T&E Travel Management – Ericsson
Chris Schuitmaker, EMEIA Emerging Markets Travel, Meetings & Events Program & Engagement Manager – EY
Moderator: Dawn Weir, Sales Manager: Southern Africa – Amadeus
|10.15 – 11.00||Refreshments & Networking
|11.00 – 11.30||Travel Payments of the Future
Clyde Rosanowski, Head of Large & Middle Market | Business Solutions CEMEA – Visa
Pascalle Albrecht, Head: Commercial Card Strategy, Commercial Banking – Nedbank Ltd
Richard Kadiaka, Regional Head: Issuer Processing Solutions – Network International
|11.30 – 12.15||An interesting spin on better sustainability initiatives
Martin Hiller, Marketing, Content + Creative Director: Travel, Tourism & Creative Industries – RX Africa
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch & Networking
|13.30 – 14.30||Round Table Discussions & Expert Panel:
Unpacking fee structures, New TMC Fee models, Contractor Travel & more
|14.30 – 15.00||Refreshments & Networking|
|15.00 – 16.00||Buyers Showcase – Buyers Only
|Stories that shook us and shaped us – TMC’s & Suppliers
Andrew G.Kelley, Senior Security Manager, Global Operations, Global Security & Asset Protection – Coca Cola
Kate Nathan, Editor Travel News – Now Media
Natalia Rosa, Owner – Big Ambitions
|16.00 – 16.45||Keynote Address: Changing the Narrative
Brent Lindeque, The Good Things Guy
|16.45 – 17.15||Prize Draw
|17.15 – 17.30||Conference Closes
|17.30 – 19.30||Cocktail Function – Travel Buyers and Pre-Booked TMC’s & Suppliers Only
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
For delegates wishing to stay at Emperor’s Palace on either the 15th or 16 of September, Peermont is offering ABTA delegate rates as follows:
R 1 466.00 (B&B) – Metcourt Hotel at Emperor’s Palace
R 3 266.00 (B&B) – D’oreale Grande Hotel at Emperor’s Palace
To book under the pre-applied ABTA rate code, click:
Peermont Emperor’s Palace provides complimentary shuttles to and from OR Tambo Airport.
Meet the black and gold Emperor’s Palace bus at the bus terminal at the airport, behind the Intercontinental Hotel.
Follow the signage from arrivals. Buses depart every hour on the hour from Emperor’s Palace to the airport and back.
Date: 16 Sep 2022
Start time: 08:30 SAST
End time: 17:30 SAST
Venue: Emperor's Palace Peermont Hotel, Johannesburg, RSA
Directions: Emperor's Palace Peermont Hotel, Kempton Park, Johannesburg